[MPlayer-users] Re: Can't seek beyond 1GB

Wed May 26 12:48:26 CEST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Tobias Diedrich wrote:

TD>Michael Weissenbacher wrote:
TD>
TD>> but fails to seek correctly with 1.0pre4. it seems to me that 1.0-pre4
TD>> cannot detect that the file is in OpenDML format.
TD>
TD>1.0-pre4 contains a buggy patch, that causes it to ignore odml for files
TD>below 2GB.
TD>(libmpdemux/aviheader.c, line 230)

And the current cvs still sometimes reports "Index offset going
backwards" and messes up seeking in regular avi files... I just comment
out "if (idx->dwChunkOffset < last_off) {" part for my builds and have
no problems after ;), but some fix really needs to be applied...

--

Vladimir