[MPlayer-users] no audio when capturing from tv

Fabio S. fast at ferrara.linux.it
Thu May 27 10:56:00 CEST 2004

> > > Hi,
> > > I have read the Mplayer manual and I am using this command to capture
> > > video/sound from TV -->DivX/MP3.
> >
> > If you can hear the sound but it doesn't get recorded, then this
> > problem is ALWAYS caused by not having your mixer set to use line-in
> > as a record source.
> >
> > Rich
>
> And, may I add, don't forget to set line-in as recordable. I remember losing
> many days wondering why I could listen the sound but could not record it till I
> found there was a little red button "record" that was not set in Kmix below the
> "Line-In" line.

It was the same for me and I solved the problem (after ReadingTFD and
loosing too much time) only thanks to the hint of people of the mailing
list.

Since this seems to be a faq and since nowhere in any doc anybody ever
talks about a "recording audio source for capturing", I think it should be
time to add this matter somewhere in the docs, maybe just a line in bold
face after the example command for capturing from tv.

Fabio