[MPlayer-users] alsa output strangeness with latest CVS

alpha0x89 at yahoo.de alpha0x89 at yahoo.de
Sun May 30 10:18:35 CEST 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 05:15, ephemeron at softhome.net wrote:
> I noticed that with today's CVS I get stuttering alsa sound (in
> native mode) and lots of:
>
> alsa-space: xrun of at least 24.698 msecs. resetting stream 1.3% 0 0 98%
>
> I also noticed that -ao alsa1x has disappeared in favor of a
> generic -ao alsa. Surprisingly in OSS emulation (-ao oss without
> any real OSS modules getting loaded) the sound is OK.  Is anyone
> else experiencing this problem?

I have the same problem with MPlayer dev-CVS-040527-18:58. It depends on the
quality of the the audio stream, for instance

AO: [alsa] 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (2 bps)

causes a stuttering sound with a lot of "alsa-space: xrun" messages. The msec
values are different when I zoom the video (-vo x11 -zoom -xy 640 -fs).

Lower quality audio like

AO: [alsa] 11025Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (2 bps)

causes no messages as long I do not minimize or maximize any window under KDE,
everytime I do so I get one "alsa-space: xrun" message.