[MPlayer-users] anyone lucky with HDTV (1920x1080) and a Radeon 9000 card?

Jurriaan thunder7 at xs4all.nl
Mon May 31 13:03:07 CEST 2004

From: Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:57:06AM +0200

> >Both in mplayer and in gvlc, I have an ugly pinkish rectangle at the
> >right of the video-output when I play hdtv movies with a horizontal
> >resolution of 1920 pixels. This rectangle occupies some 20% of the
> >movie over the full height at the right.
> >
> >It doesn't matter if my XFree86 resolution is 1600x1200 or 1920x1440.
> >It also doesn't matter if I run X @ 16 bpp or 24 bpp.
> >It happens with both 2.4.27pre3 and 2.6.6-mm4 kernels.
> >It happens with older and the very latest mplayer (cvs as of now).
>
> seems to be a bug in radeon's xv driver.
>
> try using a different vo: gl, gl2, xvidix or cvidix

Unfortunately, gl and gl2 are not available. xvidix behaves the same
(same pinkish rectangle), but it doesn't disappear when I overlay on
XTerm over the visible part of the movie. cvidix has no output
whatsoever.

I think I'm going to borrow some nvidia FX card and see if that works.
Now that I've downloaded those 15 gigabytes, I want to watch them too!

Thanks,
Jurriaan
--
Look, I'm about to buy me a double barreled sawed off shotgun and show
Linus what I think about backspace and delete not working.