[MPlayer-users] lavc vs. xvid (and improving lavc quality)

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon May 31 16:31:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 15:00 +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> Heh. The human mind sucks :)

Or at least mine does. :)  Clearly my brain has an easier time of
ignoring small amounts of high frequency noise over top dancing square
blocks than it does ignoring dancing square blocks all by themselves.

It's certainly ironic that by purposefully adding crap to the video and
decreasing PSNR that I'd be able to convince my eyes that it looks
better.

Cheers,
Jason.