[MPlayer-users] Forward skipping in mp4 file's bug..

Allard Schmidt t029248 at zonnet.nl
Mon May 31 19:55:32 CEST 2004

Hello

I would like to submit a possible bug with Mplayer, I use Mplayer as a
part of Xbox Media Center and on my Windows pc.
Lately I started to encode some DVD's with Nero Recode (default
settings) ending up with .MP4 file's. I can play these files with
Mplayer
but I experience the following:

*	The total length of the mp4 file's is not displayed at all in
the info Window it's only displaying the 'played time' (with some .avi
files I experience this too)
*	Forward skipping from key frame to key frame in the mp4 file's
is not working, I can do one small forward skip,1 minute and a big one
10 minutes, but when I do this after 60 minutes
	the file's continues playing from the 1st or 10th minute of the
movie. I can use fast-forward in the file's 2 and 4 speed but this much
slower then skipping forward.

If needed I can upload / ftp an 10 mb sample clip...!?

Greetings...

A A Schmidt