[MPlayer-users] Problem with mencoder and alsa.

Stefan Welker stefan.welker at gmx.de
Thu Nov 4 01:08:13 CET 2004

Hi !
Im Stefan from Germany, Im new on this list.
Until today I had an older version of mencoder and mplayer, everything worked
fine. i used v4l2 and used :alsa   to record tv with alsa sound. I have a
Terratec DMX 6fire (envy24 chipset) and an old Hauppauge WINTV PCI TV card..
I upgraded today to a new mencoder and mplayer version . After fixing some
syntax in my capturing scripts im having serious problems. If i leave out the
alsa part, i get a good  recording as i want it, but when i include it I get
sound but the video is mostly gray with some movement on the upper corner and
displays static images with some lavc configurations like ovc lavc and
vcodec=mpeg4  without the vbitrate part.

Is there anything I can do to get me recording again ??

Thanks,
Stefan