[MPlayer-users] ATI Rage Mobility

Jack lt at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 4 06:24:33 CET 2004

wesley7777 at softhome.net wrote:

> I am looking into getting a video card that supports the vidix
> driver.  I have  read that the rage mobility P/M cards have good
> support under atitvout and vidix.  Are the new rage mobility cards the
> same as the old rage cards and will they work with the vidix driver.
> Here is a link to the card I am looking at.
> http://store.yahoo.com/outletpc/c4387.html  Has anyone had any
> experience with this card?  Thanks for the help.

I believe they are the same as the old ones.  I have several ATI rage
mobility based AGP cards, and they all work great with vidix.  Vidix
identifies them as Mach 64 R/M cards.  I've never messed with the
TV-out, though.

My only problems with them is on certain files, I'll get a thin green
line at the bottom of the screen when using -vo xvidix.  Very rare, and
nothing I can't tolerate.

-jack