[MPlayer-users] gui and events binding , bug report / suggestion

Joseph Boiteau jobano at linux-fan.com
Thu Nov 4 20:04:00 CET 2004

Hi,
I recently post there for the 'unpause on any key pressed' problem...
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-October/049396.html

finally, Reimar Döffinger said:

>> Plus, the command isn't even executed. When I press f while the video is
>> paused, it only unpauses but it doesn't go to full screen. For that I
>> need to press f a second time.
>
>This was changed recently, although for a very specific reason...

that's true and nice, the cvs version is fixed on it, you just have to
press F one time now
but it still not useful enough... when you're pausing in fullscreen and
press F, you don't want to have the playback restarted

>> > The reason MPlayer does this, AFAIR, is that once it has displayed a
>> > frame it no longer has that frame available /
>
>Most commands can't work when MPlayer is paused, so it actually is the
>reason.

I can't get this... I mean, when resizing the frame at pause state, the
image is resized without any problem. And even all, if it conflicts with
some commands unavailable at pause, why not blocking the problematic
things and let the others available instead making all good stuff
disapearing.

Another thing I want to suggest : the double click on video frame isn't
used and could be a fullscreen switch event (like many other players)

And a last point, I have a bug on fullscreen state with the gui menu ;
this one hides itself on a simple click but sometime switch the whole
image to a constant black screen !

I want to end by saying that I know it's easy to just 'say things',
harder to do.
But I'm poor in programming and already spend enough time on other stuff.

Thanks for all,

Joseph Boiteau