[MPlayer-users] Playing dvb-t with bit errors

Peter Zelezny peterzelezny at dodo.com.au
Sun Nov 7 11:03:23 CET 2004

Hi All,

About playing dvb-t with bit errors, is there any way to force
it to "keep trying"?

I've got a pretty good signal, but once every ~5mins or so, a few bit errors
come through. MPlayer reacts really badly to this, usually by dropping the
frame rate. It seems to accumulate, after a few incidents the picture
completely freezes on a frame and the sound continues alone. If you don't do
anything at this point, mplayer will give up and exit. There's a way to
manually save it by pressing Seek +10s (this causes it to continue perfectly).

So I guess what I'm looking for is a way to keep playing the stream without
a few errors here and there causing it to stop.

--
Peter.