[MPlayer-users] Subtitles position with vf expand with centered video

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 21:19:07 CET 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 20:51, Fernando Junior wrote:

> Thats done by: -vf expand=0:-50:0:0 (to add a 50 pixel
> border) and -subpos (to position).
> The problem I'm having and is kinda annoying is that with this extra
> 50 pixel the movie gets 50 pixel up, and thats no good.

RTFM(an Page):
expand[=w:h:x:y:o]
[...]
	x,y  position of original image on the  expanded  image  (de-
		fault: center)

So, if you want the default (center) why do you change it? To get what you
want you can use either of the following:
expand=0:-50
expand=0:-50:::1 (which will enable subtitle rendering, whatever that
means)
expand=0:-50::25

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown