[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and Windows Media Server Streams

Paulo Vinícius Vitto Ruthes paulo.ruthes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:38:35 CET 2004

Hi,

> I am able to play the stream with the Windows Media Player.
> Apparently, the Win Media Server is using some strange format
> .NSC file where the IP address, port number, name and other info about the
> stream is encrypted.

I don't know if that's the case but, is the stream supposed to be multicast?
AFAIK mplayer can't handle multicast streams (at least 1.0pre2 can't), and
that would mean it wouldn't play. Just for testing purposes try playing with
another player in linux, I've had good experience with VLC and WMServer
multicast streams under linux.

--
Paulo Vinícius Vitto Ruthes
paulo.ruthes at gmail.com
ICQ#18058144
Linux User#223946

"How many people can read hex,
if only you and dead people can read hex?"