[MPlayer-users] What is wrong with this ASF? Also, regarding "StartTime" and "Duration"

Thomas Kuiper tkuiper at inxsoft.net
Sun Nov 14 20:23:58 CET 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:01:53PM -0500, Vincas Ciziunas wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have an asf file that contains this:
[...]
> <REF HREF="http://193.219.139.115/ltv/LTV_20041112_D.wmv" />
> </ENTRY></ASX>
[...]
> Playing play.asf.
>

> Exiting... (End of file)
[...]
> have never gotten those tags to work, are they supported?  Thank you.

No they aren't. Those tags are mainly to control the windows media
player. Useless stuff like duration, etc even if the stream is longer.

Just download the file reference inside this asx file
"http://193.219.139.115/ltv/LTV_20041112_D.wmv" in your case and
watch it with "mplayer LTV_20041112_D.wmv".

Thomas