[MPlayer-users] problem with mplayer1.0.0-pre5.7 and arts output

Martin Zamecnik harvi at bee.sk
Mon Nov 15 23:29:34 CET 2004

hi, i have problem with mplayer1.0.0-pre5.7 from mandrake 10.1 and arts  sound
module. i'm using arts1.3.0 sound server (on 1.2.3 it was the same). when i run
commang gmplayer (with -af volume parameter, otherwise is mplayer unable to
control volume) is everything ok, until I don't go to menu (settings or add
file, subtitles, almost anything except play, stop, pause..)  then mplayer
crashed (segmentation fault) or freeze (i must kill the proces). this all is
happened only when i use arts audio output (and because i use kde it's
important for me) on others audio outputs it's ok (no segfault or freeze yet).
can anybody help me, plz?

harvi, harvi at bee.sk