[MPlayer-users] playing 3GP/H2.63/AMR files

Tue Nov 16 12:50:02 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Trilok Soni wrote:

TS>I am continuing my experiments with mplayer for
TS>3gp/h263/amr files.
TS>
TS>I am able to play 3gp, h263 and amr files with
TS>"ffplay" available in ffmpeg pacakge. AFAIK, same
TS>package(libavcodec) is included in the mplayer.
TS>
TS>But I don't why it is not working with mplayer. Any
TS>suggestions??

Mplayer doesn't even know how to demux the file, how do you expect it to
decode video? You have to use -demuxer 35 (and mplayer has to be
compiled with libavformat), and after successful demuxing, continue
experimenting with codecs...

--

Vladimir