[MPlayer-users] mms fails with >= 1.0pre5

CrimeDog crimedog at wp.pl
Thu Nov 18 18:41:55 CET 2004

Dnia 18-11-2004, czw o godzinie 11:13 +0000, David Purton napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to play this stream:
>     mms://insm55.abc.net.au/wmtencoder/digjazz.wmv

(cut)

I'm trying to play this:
http://pc.tv.pl/, especially:
http://62.153.249.21/live/viva1tv/adsl.asx
On windows media player I can play it smoothly, because WMP is using
port 80 and using PROXY server. Without PROXY I have very slow transfer
rate (5 kB ;-(( ), with PROXY the transfer is something about 100 kB. My
admin configured PROXY to catch 80, 443 and other http ports and reject
port with is using MPlayer to connect to mms stream. How can I force
(without recompiling - I am using Debian ;-P) to use PROXY?