[MPlayer-users] Compiler error on Mandrake 10.1

Pierluigi Adami pierluigi_adami at telespazio.it
Fri Nov 19 17:35:18 CET 2004

Just after migrating Mandrake 10.0 => 10.1 I tried to compile MPlayer,
that I already successfully compiled on MDK 10.0.
MPlayer were not compiled by make. I report here the tail of the
compiler messages, so maybe somebody can help me.
Is there any relation with the new X.org environment installed by MDK
10.1? (Maybe MPlayer was expecting the former XFree86?)
Thank you for helping me!
my computer is equipped with AMD Athlon 2000+ and a common ATI video
card (I have no problems with other SW, installing MPlayer via Mandrake
rpm available on MDK disks works fine, but it is not the same thing...)

--- MPlayer compiler error message:
In file included from /usr/include/linux/list.h:7,
from ../osdep/kerneltwosix.h:5,
from vo_fbdev.c:21:
/usr/include/linux/prefetch.h: In function `prefetch_range':
/usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: for each function it appears
in.)
make[1]: *** [vo_fbdev.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pier/software/MPlayer-1.0pre5/libvo'
make: *** [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2