[MPlayer-users] Pb with XV output on a Via KM 400 chipset.

Fred l'actarien furgarat at free.fr
Sun Nov 21 14:15:57 CET 2004

	Hello,

  User of MPlayer since a long time, I recently change my computer for one with
a Via KM400 chipset. I use the X11 Unichrome driver (from unichrome.sourceforge.net)
compiled for a Debian Sarge (using XFree 4.3) but Mplayer fails to run with XV video output !
The mplayer program runs, opens a black window, and I have only the sound. (it works with
X11 output, but very slow).

  I've checked that the XV output is available (xvinfo tells that) and tried with totem or xine and it works,
but I would prefer mplayer ;-)

  I've tried different versions of MPlayer (1.0pre5 and older), compiled by myself or as a Debian package ;
I've finally found a hint : after X11 has started up, mplayer's xv output don't work until I run 'totem' (even
without playing any video), and works after : As if totem initializes something mplayer forgot... I've compared
verbose output of mplayer before and after, without noticing something...

  Do you have an idea of what happens ?

	Thanks a lot,

		Frédéric.