[MPlayer-users] Lirc Mplayer and WinTV Nova-T

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 15:39:36 CET 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 15:23, raid517 wrote:

> I have reatltime clock support compiled into my kernel. How can I add
> this option to my system startup scripts? Waht and where are these
> scripts located?

That depends on your distribution. You should have a file called rc.local,
probably in /etc but maybe someplace else (find it with 'locate
rc.local'). That's the correct file to place that line in.

> Also I am trying to set up lirc support but I keep getting this error:
>
> Input config file /home/raid517/.mplayer/input.conf parsed: 53 binds
> Setting up LIRC support...
> mplayer: could not open config file
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> Failed to read LIRC config file ~/.lircrc.
> You will not be able to use your remote control

You need a file called .lircrc in your home directory. Read
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/control.html
on what to put into that file.

> " Make lircd take it's input from /dev/input/event0 by passing it
> --device=/dev/input/event0"

I don't think this is necessary.

> I have Lirc installed and running (I think) so it seems it is only
> these small issues that are holding me back.

Do you have a /etc/lircd.conf with the correct information for your
remote? If not you will have to either find one or create it yourself
using irrecord.

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown