[MPlayer-users] playing 3GP/H2.63/AMR files

Trilok Soni trilok_ulug at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 23 12:10:45 CET 2004

RC,

> You can use  "format 0x726D6173"  instead of "fourcc
> samr"

Ok.. I had executed following steps in-order to play
amr_nb audio. [ steps - just for archive]

1. cd $mplayer-source
2. rm codecs.conf.h
3. cd etc/codecs.conf.h
Edit it and add

audiocodec ffamr
  format 0x726D6173
  fourcc "samr"
  dll "amr_nb"

4. Recompile mplayer agian..as codecs-cfg parser
generated codecs.conf.h and it is getting included
some-where...:-). Just updating codecs.conf on target
is *not* working...

5. Anyway, I am able to play 3gp file amr_nb on OMAP
board..Thanx for help.

Still standalone amr_nb file is not being played by
mplayer...seems to be problem in selection of demuxer
!!!

---Trilok Soni