[MPlayer-users] Mplayer for Windows, Quicktime videos not playing audio.

Daniel Jimenez djimenez at pobox.com
Fri Nov 26 01:10:54 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm an avid mplayer (and only mplayer dammit!) user in Linux. Recently I
put it on my work windows PC. Everything works great EXCEPT audio from
quicktime videos. I get the following message:

 >Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
 >InitializeQTML:63443
 >ADecoder preinit failed :(
 >ADecoder init failed :(
 >Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
 >Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

So I checked my codecs.conf (taken from my Linux box) and I see:

 >audiocodec qdmc
 >  info "Quicktime QDMC/QDM2 audio decoders"
 >  status working
 >  format 0x324D4451 ; "QDM2"
 >  format 0x434D4451 ; "QDMC"
 >  driver qtaudio
 >  dll "QuickTime.qts"

I checked my c:\program files\mplayer\codecs dir and I see
QuickTime.qts. I do not see a file called "qtaudio" anywhere on either
my linux or my windows box.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

--
Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>