[MPlayer-users] divx codec problem?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Nov 26 03:10:29 CET 2004

On Friday, 26 November 2004 at 02:11, walter brokowski wrote:
> I used Mplayer on the pc to playback captured video.
> The low res captures played fine, but high res 640x 480 and above give bad
> interleaved avi errors;

Now we're getting somewhere.

> Mplayer would not play the file.

And that means what? If I said "my car doesn't work", would you know what
the problem was? Be more specific, for crying out loud.

> I have read the mplayer FAQS and relevant docs, but there is nothing
> specific to this problem.

Then you haven't looked closely enough. Try this:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugs-audio.html#bugs-delay-specific
... which I've found in 30 seconds using google.

Next time, please read at least bugreports.html and follow the steps
mentioned there.

> I hope I have explained this clearly.

No, you haven't.

> Thanks for your patience.

And next time: don't send HTML e-mails (like the one opening this thread)
and don't top-reply. Why do people still fail to follow basic netiquette
rules?

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/