[MPlayer-users] libGL issue.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 00:52:46 CET 2004

Dag Rune Sneeggen wrote:

> When installing mplayer on slackware 10.0 with the slackware package
> from linuxpackages.net, I get the following error upon mplayer
> execution;
> mplayer: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: no version information available (required
> by mplayer)

First off, what kind of investigation have you done? The first step,
obviously, is to make sure that that file exists on your machine; if it
doesn't, then your package creator was incompetent. If it does, then
what the next step is depends on the details of your package system, and
that's something with which I have no real experience.

To the best of my knowledge, however, the only packages which are
supported on these mailing lists are the official RPM packages; if you
aren't either installing those or compiling from source, I don't think
you can expect much help here.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.