[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: my avi output file has no audio (long)

Ivo sagena at email.it
Fri Oct 1 17:06:09 CEST 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:38:13 +0200
Fabien Wernli <wernli at in2p3.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> quite new to this, but le me add my opinion:
>
> 1) doing 2-pass encoding make sure there is no frameno.avi from previous
> 3-pass: rm frameno.avi
>
> 2) it's no use encoding the audio in the 1st pass: use -oac copy
>
> hoping this helps

At the beginning I tried doing a 3 pass encoding but I had the same problem.
Reading docs I understood that the first pass is dedicated to encoding audio and is separate from the two passes for the video to avoid a duplicate work on audio.
But, during a test I noted that the output of the first video encoding pass (the second one in a three pass encoding) my avi file was "correct" (it plays with sound).
So I thought that during the last pass something wrong arrives to the audio.
I choose to do the audio encoding during both the video encoding passes.
Trying with a single chapter this done what I hope but, removing the option "-chapter 2-2", I encountered again the problem.

	Ivo