[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: my avi output file has no audio (long)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Oct 4 02:39:35 CEST 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 06:35:52PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Friday, 01 October 2004 at 18:19, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> [...]
> > if you want avi/mp3, step 3 can be dome with mencoder -oac copy -ovc
> > copy -audiofile foo.mp3 ... but the nice thing about this approach is
> > that you can instead opt for ogm or mkv (or in the near future, nut)
> > with vorbis audio by doing the second step with oggenc or your
> > favorite vorbis encoder, then using ogmtools/mkvtools/etc. for step 3.
>
> I'm sooo looking forward to nut muxer in mencoder. Any hints at when it
> might appear? ;)

either when someone writes muxer_lavf module for mencoder, or after
someone (me?) writes an independent nut muxer implementation.

unfortunately mencoder sucks, so even with nut it will be making
rather bad files... :( in the near future i'd recommend just encoding
video with mencoder and then muxing with nuttools (or whatever) so you
can have multi-audio, subtitles, etc...

rich