[MPlayer-users] Capture: video buffer full - dropping frame

Heine Laursen maillist at gozar.dynu.com
Fri Oct 8 01:44:47 CEST 2004

Hi.

I just tryed to capture a show with mencoder, but suddenliy at midways I
see alot of these messages; video buffer full - dropping frame
At end of capturing mencoder tells me that there are 331 frames dropped!
I did'ent really touch the computer mutch at encoding. And I encoded
useing nice -n -19

I captured to at 80 GB SATA Harddisk, dedicated to capture!

I used the following command to encode:
nice -n -19 mencoder -endpos 01:40:00 -tv
driver=v4l2:input=2:mjpeg:normid=0:decimation=1:adevice=/dev/dsp0:amode=1:fps=25
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=huffyuv:vstrict=-1  -oac copy -o capture.avi
tv://

Are there any thing wrong with my mebcoder options?

What happend?

What does "video buffer full - dropping frame" mean?

I have attached as mutch as I could of mencoders output.