[MPlayer-users] Capture: video buffer full - dropping frame

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Oct 11 03:08:28 CEST 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:59:24 +0200
Heine Laursen <maillist at gozar.dynu.com> wrote:

> Are you serius? As far as I know, the more work you send through your
> computer, the harder it is to capture?

You're assuming it's more work to deinterlace, which is not necessarily
true.  It could be more work to encode the video as interlaced, rather
than progressive.  With huffyuv, it probably doesn't make a difference,
but with CPU-intensive codecs like MPEG-4, it would likely be less work
to deinterlace before compressing...

> Would it not be better to do it when I future encode it to another
> format?

Makes little difference.  Do whatever you like.

> I have tryed vf pp=lb but have you tryed to look at the movie
> afterwards useing mplayer -speed 0.1 ?
> vf pp=ci do alot better job, as far as I can tell.

ci is crap.  It's pretty well accepted that lb/md are the real choices.
The only complaints I hear about lb is when someone is in
telecine/NTSC-land, and not using ivtc/detc before pp=lb, as they
should.