[MPlayer-users] playing dixv encoded files in windows

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Oct 12 07:32:07 CEST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:27:54 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> - does the file encoded with old mencoder cause new mplayer to crash?

No.  Works fine with:  dev-CVS-041008-12:19-3.2.2

> - does the file encoded with new mencoder cause old mplayer to crash?

Yes.  I even said as much in the first message.  I tried with pre5,
pre4, and pre3try2, as well as CVS.

> imo the problem is not pullup but something in mplayer/mencoder.
> knowing which one would be helpful.

No doubt it's a problem in mencoder.  The bug is triggered
by IVTC as well as pullup, but not by DETC, and only happens with
MPEG1/2 AFACT.  It did not happen when I used MPEG-4.