[MPlayer-users] watching us presidential debate

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Wed Oct 13 19:11:45 CEST 2004

I've been trying to watch the US presidential debate from cspan.org
with mplayer, and have gotten nothing watchable the last three
debates.

This time I was going to try this URL from nl.indymedia.org:

mplayer -cache 256 -fs -quiet "mms://rx-lvl3-ny08.rbn.com/farm/pull/tx-rbn-sea30:1759/wmtencoder/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan2v.asf"

but I wonder if others have gotten a better result with the last
debates?  The two stream formats linked from cspan.org's page seem to
play only with binary codecs that are buggy on my installation, so
indymedia refers me to this third format, but it seems to be a very
low-bandwidth stream and not really adequate for seeing Bush's idiotic
facial expressions.

--
Le fascisme est la dictature ouverte de la bourgeoisie.
		-- Georg Dimitrov