[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Re: [-] Re: [-] Best de-interlace filter ( NOVIRUS )

Matthias Wieser matthias-wieser at t-online.de
Thu Oct 14 18:26:34 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 01:57 schrieb D Richard Felker III:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:14:19AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2004 06:31 schrieb Jack:
> > > Why no mention of lavcdint... does it just suck?
> >
> > Theoretically it sucks.
> >
> > But I often use it because it produces quite good image quality. :-)
>
> pp=md will almost always produce much better quality.

pp=md has nearly destroyed some of my TV-captures: captured at full
resolution but result has been vertically halved resolution with extremly
visible stair case effect.

> the only time
> pp=fd (lavcdeint) even "looks good" is when the image is still or
> almost entirely still to begin with, and then pp=lb will look much
> better.

When the image is still or almost entirely still to begin with, and then
pp=lb will look much softer. See
http://home.knuut.de/MWieser_/vf_raw_ntv_3/

When there is motion and then pp=fd will look sharper and clearer. See
http://home.knuut.de/MWieser_/vf_raw_ntv_8/

Have you ever done comparisons?

Matthias