[MPlayer-users] no luck running any video file with mplayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 01:21:16 CEST 2004

Bob Jaques wrote:

> I installed mplayer on Redhat Enterprise ws
>
> I  down loaded some mpg mov and avi samples
>
> whena I run any of them i get
>
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

My, wasn't that uninformative.

> any ideas

Try using a different VO method (and if possible, change your default,
because it seems to be set to something you can't use). Run

mplayer -vo help

to get a list of available options. If none of them work, paste the list
of options here, along with the full (non-snipped) text output by
MPlayer when you try to play one of the files.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.