[MPlayer-users] Segmentation fault in pre5

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Oct 16 01:19:38 CEST 2004

On Friday, 15 October 2004 at 22:52, Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I frequently have segmentation faults when mencoding a movie.
> Unfortunately this happens at different positions. I can provide some
> information about this problem. I should add that I had other problems
> of similar kind that I only solved by rebuilding mencoder with
> ./configure --disable-mmx2 which I'm currently using.
[...]
> MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.4.1 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
[...]
> I hope you can find a reason for the segfault. If you need more information
> please tell me what to do. Although I still hope to reencode the file
> completely by chance I think I can reproduce the error.

Upgrade to latest CVS and retry. If it's still there, try to isolate
the SEGV to a small fragment of your source material and upload it
to mphq along with description in .txt. If you can't just submit
full bugreport with gdb dump, similar to this one.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/