[MPlayer-users] [FEATURE REQUEST]: online aspect ratio toggle( NOVIRUS )

Sammo sammo at exemail.com.au
Mon Oct 18 03:55:29 CEST 2004

Jan Knutar wrote:

>On Saturday 16 October 2004 11:05, Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:
>
>>On Saturday 16 October 2004 01:56, syrius.ml at no-log.org wrote:
>>
>>>What do you think ?
>>>
>>Pretty pointless, IMHO. There is one correct aspect ratio for any given
>>video. Why would anyone want to change it during playback?
>
>I've seen some mpeg's with incorrect aspect stored in the headers...

I'd like to see this feature as well. Even for files with correct
aspect, sometimes it is useful to stretch 4:3 content to fit a 16:9
screen. Better still, I like to stretch 4:3 content to 14:9 and then
zoom in about 115% to fit fullscreen content to widescreen monitor -
that's a trade-off between squashed image and cropped top/bottom.

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If