[MPlayer-users] fullscreen, tv

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Oct 21 08:19:56 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 03:59:49PM -0400, MacNean C. Tyrrell wrote:
> No it is not a widescreen tv.  It's a regular tv.
>
> What i mean is that mplayer is not filling up the tv screen with -V xv.
> I've attach a png file to show what i mean.  Say the whole png picture
> is the tv screen, the grey part is what mplayer takes up.
> However if i use -V x11 option fills up the whole tv screen.
> I've tried monitoraspect and that doesn't work.

ok, i see the 'problem'...but it's not a problem. the movie is 16:9,
so with vo_xv it looks exactly how it should look on a non-widescreen
tv. vo_x11 has no scaling, so the movie will be shown with the wrong
aspect and thus fill a closer-to-4:3 region of the screen. you may
like this, but it's wrong, and everyone will look tall and skinny...
;)

rich