[MPlayer-users] MPplayer and installing a new gcc version

John Que qwejohn at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:04:41 CEST 2004

Hello,

I want to build MPlayer-1.0pre5 on RH 7.3.

I have and old gcc on this machine (version propr to the gcc.3.*)
as running .configure shows , the GCC version I have is not
supported for this MPlayer version. It suggests to upgrade to gcc-3.*
So I installed gcc gcc-3.4.1 under /usr/local/gcc-3.4.1
No I want to keep the old gcc rpm.

when I run ./configure again it shows mw again
that old gcc  have is not supported.

Is there a way to tell it that I want to
use the gcc from /usr/local/gcc-3.4.1/bin?

regards,
John