[MPlayer-users] Windows Binary with live libraries?

Heiko Recktenwald uzs106 at uni-bonn.de
Sat Oct 23 11:19:38 CEST 2004

Dear mplayer gurus, I finaly got mplayer compiled with the live libraries
on FreeBSD, the port, 1 pre 5, and I was extremly happy that some RTSP
switches had gone, that it was possible just to say mplayer
rtsp://bla/bla.mp4. This makes mplayer an "SMS of Mobile Multimedia"
player, it plays playlists with HTTP *and* RTSP URLs, both in one
playlist, see my MPEG Video Playlist experiments at
www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/, less is more.................

Well, one thing is still missing, we cant have http://bla/bla.sdp URLs in
this setup, we can have RTSP MPEG Video Playlists with http://bla/bla.sdps
with Ciscos open source MPEG4IP mp4player (that cannot stream
http://bla/bla.mp4s..). But Real Networks Real Player 10 doesnt play them
either, this is "Real Philosophy"? Speaking of *unicast* sdps,
rtsp://bla/bla.sdps as in Apples DSS included. Well, I am not a SDP file
guru, but I saw it working..

Anyway, there is no binary for Windows with the live libraries.
Those libraries are essential, unicast sdp etc or not;-)

If somebody has seen such a beast somewhere or is willing to compile it on
Windows, I am not a programmer and compilinmg things on Windows is another
world, please send me a mail, well, I am not a subscriber to this dear and
noble mail list etcpp,

thanks!

Heiko