[MPlayer-users] Re: Nero Digital

wesley7777 at softhome.net wesley7777 at softhome.net
Sun Oct 24 22:30:06 CEST 2004

Nico Sabbi writes:

> wesley7777 at softhome.net wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your reply.  I am using MPlayer v1.0pre5 version of
>> Mplayer.  If this version of Mplayer does not have the latest libavcodec
>> and libfasad codec libraries is there a way to update them without have
>> to reinstall Mplayer?
>> Nico Sabbi writes:

>>> yes, provided you have libavcodec and libfaad.
>>> Did you use a recent version of mplayer, possibly a nighly cvs tarball?
>>

> no, but 1.0pre5 should suffice.
> run mplayer -v file.mp4 >& err and post the log, please.

wesley7777 at softhome.net wrote:

> I could not get mplayer to produce a complete error log.  It started to create one, but because mplayer would lockup the error log could not be completed.  I did however copy what was displayed after I input the
> mplayer -v test4.mp4 command.  I don't know if it will tell you anything, but thanks for the help.

your logs indicate that both audio and video are correctly identified and
decoded, so what problem are you experiencing?
BTW these mails belong to the mailing list

I believe that the problem was that my computer was too unstable to play
these video files.  I removed some hardware and unnessary cabling from the
case which improved air flow.  I tried playing the files again and they
played fine.  I guess that it was a heat problem making the computer freeze
up.  I don't know why the computer would play divx, xvid, DVD isos, fine and
then freeze up on nero digital files unless they are more cpu intensive or
more senstive to output errors from the cpu?  Thanks for the help.