[MPlayer-users] Problem with 'scale' negative options.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Oct 25 22:37:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:30:42 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> all interlaced material has height or either 480 or 576,
> depending on if it's ntsc or pal... assuming you only have one or the
> other

There's where you went wrong :-)

But besides that, HDTV material is commonly interlaced, but not always
480.  I imagine there are more standards that use something other than
480 (Japan HD, maybe?) but that's all I'm working with.

In any case, I worked out the problems in vf_scale.c and submitted a
working patch to -dev (clearly, no-one but me is interested in it).
Hopefully it will get accepted, and I won't have to work around this
problem again.