[MPlayer-users] Mplayer on PS2

Dark darkh3r0 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 08:02:19 CEST 2004

Mplayer gurus,

First off, let me thank you for the creation of
Mplayer. I have been extremely pleased in the
performance of this program on my Sun Ultra's. NO
problems at all. Unfortunately, my PS2 isn't as
forgiving.

I was wondering if there is anyone else that has
ported mplayer to the PS2. I am currently running PS2
Linux and have gotten a quite successful port of
Mplayer running. So far, it can play the smaller files
via SDL with little or no problems. Even AA works on
this system.

Anyways, I was just wondering if there is anyone there
that has ported and tweaked a little more performance
than I have. Some of the movies I have played, I've
had to start dropping frames to keep from skipping.
The documentation you have included has greatly helped
me so far. However, I hit the wall and I just ran out
of ideas.

I'm not expecting a miracle because I know there
aren't many PS2-Linux kits out there. But, 2 heads are
better than one, and mine is about empty. Thanks for
your time and consideration.

darksnipe