[MPlayer-users] Subject: Making a DVD backup - Need advice

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 29 02:11:50 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:56:27PM +0200, Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:
> On Thursday 28 October 2004 21:09, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>
> > hahahahaha, there's a commercial version?!?!
> > wow i knew that joerg guy was a lamer, but not THAT much of a lamer...
>
> It's free for private use.
> I know Shily is quite a strange guy but I wouldn't call him a lamer. After
> all, he has provided a valuable service to the unix community by writing
> cdrecord.

personally i don't even have cdrecord installed. i use cdrdao instead
even though it's a little less suited to plain data-cd burns. ever
since cdrecord wanted me to give it write access to all scsi devices
so it could scan the bus rather than me telling it a device node to
use (probably fixed since then, i admit) i've been annoyed with it. i
remember having to do a lot of hacking to even get it to compile, way
back then...

rich