[MPlayer-users] Can't compile latest MPLayer CVS

Christian christian3111 at noos.fr
Sat Oct 30 01:22:33 CEST 2004

Hi Torinthiel,
I use the very last CSV version of the whole mplayer tree.

The lines that cause problem are those ones, in libao2/ao_pcm.c :
static struct WaveHeader wavhdr = {
        le2me_32(WAV_ID_RIFF),
        /* same conventions than in sox/wav.c/wavwritehdr() */
        0, //le2me_32(0x7ffff024),
        le2me_32(WAV_ID_WAVE),
        le2me_32(WAV_ID_FMT),
        le2me_32(16),
        le2me_16(WAV_ID_PCM),
        le2me_16(2),
        le2me_32(44100),
        le2me_32(192000),
        le2me_16(4),
        le2me_16(16),
        le2me_32(WAV_ID_DATA),
        0, //le2me_32(0x7ffff000)
};

From what I understand, the "le2me_32" macro is meant to swap bytes on
big-endian architectures and expands to some assembly code that the compiler
rejects as a static initialization. Don't ask me why ! There's much too much
magic here for me :-) This macro is defined in main/bswap.h.

Now from the configure.log file I can see that the ./configure script thinks
my AMD Duron processor is big-endian, which I guess it is not. This could be
the culprit.

But why on earth do I seem to be the only one to get the problem ? I can't
figure that. Can anyone else here compile the latest mplayer cvs snapshot on
a similar (rather standard) config, specially with an AMD Duron cpu ?

Thanks!
Christian