[MPlayer-users] bug report / suggestion

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 11:48:40 CET 2004

Torinthiel wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:27:41AM +0100, Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:
>
>> I don't think this is the reason. Unpausing doesn't only happen
>> when toggling fullscreen but also when using pretty much any key
>> command (adjusting volume, changing subtitles, switching subtitles
>> on/off, etc).

Each of these things triggers or can trigger a change in the OSD, which
would require an update to the displayed image - and thus require a new
frame. There are, I believe, other reasons why most possible commands
cannot be executed without continuing with playback - but that should
suffice to go on with.

>> Plus, the command isn't even executed. When I press f while the
>> video is paused, it only unpauses but it doesn't go to full screen.
>> For that I need to press f a second time.
>
> Use CVS or wait for a new release (should be pretty soon). It was
> recently fixed. I mean still pretty much everything unpauses (this is
> intended), but the command issued gets executed.

I just noticed that while testing this question, and don't necessarily
consider it a 'fix' so much as a misfeature; I don't want to press a
random key, intending to unpause, and accidentally do something more
because that key happens to have some other function. Still, it doesn't
hamper me overly (the Space key being so handy), so if other people
prefer it that way I can manage to keep shut about it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.