[MPlayer-users] Changes in XViD-API

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Wed Sep 1 11:48:44 CEST 2004

Martin Pieschel said:
> Hello MPlayer-developers,
>
> as I stated earlier MPlayer won't compile with XViD 1.0.1 .
> By studying the header-file xvid.h of version 0.9 and 1.0.1 it turned out that
> the XViD-API has been changed. Mainly constants and data-structures were only
> renamed, but one data-structure has undergone important changes.
> Therefore please adapt these changes. Thanks.

Actually the changes are much deeper and complicated.
At first I tried to add the new interface (it is called API4)
to ve_xvid.c but it turn to be full of #if #else #endif's and practically
there were less than 10% common code.

That's why I inserted the GomGom (he is xvid developer) modules into mplayer
tree under the name ve/vd_xvid4.c .

So if you have XviD 1.x and you get error in v?_xvid.c then YOU are doing
something wrong. E.g. using ./configure --enable-xvid ; Having BOTH
XviD 0.9.x and XviD 1.0.1 etc...

I guess that it would be right thing to split --enable-xvid to
--enable-xvid-old --enable-xvid4, or something like that...

Wish You Best
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive