[MPlayer-users] Bug: Audio stream numbering in GUI menu

EdorFaus p5zna5z02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 2 01:42:41 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 09:48, ZoMBiE evilzombie-at-gmail.com |
mplayer-mailinglist| wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:34:48 +0200, p5zna5z02 at stud.hials.no
>
> <p5zna5z02 at stud.hials.no> wrote:
> > There is an off-by-one error with the numbering of the audio tracks in
> > the right-click menu in the GUI - streams are numbered from 0, while the
> > menu counts from 1 and doesn't adjust the numbers.
> >
> > Example: playing an .ogm file with 2 audio streams, selecting "Track 1"
> > makes it use the second stream, while selecting "Track 2" makes it play
> > no audio at all(as there is no stream 2, only 0 and 1).
> > I would think this should be easy to fix, just add a " - 1" in the
> > appropriate place... But I'll admit to not really having looked at the
> > source, so I don't know where this would be, or if it indeed is this
> > simple.
>
> Yah but isn't 0 always the first number when computers are involved :D
>
> so not really a bug as such, but more it works in the way computers
> work more than the way the majority of people work

No, no, you misunderstand... I know streams start with 0, and isn't
complaining about that, nor am I complaining that the menu starts counting
with 1. The problem is that the first stream in the menu ("Track 1") doesn't
select the first stream in the file (stream 0), it selects the second stream
(stream 1). Thus there is no way to select stream 0 from the menu, and
selecting the last stream in the menu ("Track 2" in this case) makes it play
no audio at all. *That* is why I think this is a bug.