[MPlayer-users] pullup behaves badly on this clip

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Sep 2 20:16:49 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:38:48PM -0400, James Crowson wrote:
> http://jc5.ath.cx/shared/utena.mpg
>
> This is a 7.5 second clip from the first DVD of the anime series
> Revolutionary Girl Utena.  pullup seems to behave very oddly on this
> source material.  This clip is probably the worst example.  It drops a lot
> of frames, making the panning extremely jerky.  (The other inverse
> telecine filters seem to behave more sanely wrt frame drops, but they're
> bad enough on *other* parts of the source material that I just want pullup
> to work...)

thank you, i very much wanted to see the original source material from
the utena dvds since it's known to be butchered telecine! oddly, from
the info i'd read, i expected pullup to be the only filter that would
work correctly on it, so i'm somewhat confused by your report, but
i'll investigate and see what's up...

fyi, all the dvd rips you'll find on the net (using windows ivtc
software) are horribly botched and full of blended frames (and some
even have interlaced mouths all over the place!).

rich