[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre5 compilation question

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sun Sep 5 15:39:17 CEST 2004

Hello!

I'm trying to compile MPlayer 1.0pre5 from the sources on a GNU/Linux
system (i686, gcc 3.2, SuSE 8.1 base+tons of updates from the sources).

./configure allows support for libfame, external faad2 and libavcodec,
as follows but:

[snip]
    Codecs: qtx divx5linux libdv libavcodec real xanim dshow/dmo win32 faad2(external) libmpeg2 liba52 mp3lib libvorbis libmad liblzo gif
[snip]

make: *** libavformat: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** libfame: No such file or directory.  Stop.
[snip]

1/ I have to create a symlink libfame/ that points to the src dir of the
already installed libfame's sources. I already had to do this w/ previous 0.9x
versions of MPlayer. The sources of libfame must be configured so that a Makefile
exists in src/ and a libfame.a can be created in src/.libs (and symlinked to src/
so that MPlayer finds it). That's not a real problem, but I wonder why I do
have to do this..

2/ the Makefile looks for unexisting libavformat (I do create a symlink
libavformat/ in MPlayer's sources dir too, to point to the existing sources dir
in ffmpeg's sources). Since MPlayer comes w/ a version of libavcodec, why not
shipping libavformat? Or did ./configure (or I) do something wrong?

With that changes, MPLayer 1.0pre5 compiles (and plays) well.
But did I miss something or did something wrong?

3/ if I also rename MPlayer's libavcodec and create a symlink to points to my
ffmpegs's one (a bit more recent), I will have to fight a bit more, since my
ffmpeg version is compiled w/ faac support, so MPlayer will fail linking,
lacking of -lfaac. Adding -lfaac to the link command works fine. But then I
encounter problem w/ the version of liba52. I gave up :-) and used libavcodec
that came w/ MPlayer.

Regards,

--
wwp