[MPlayer-users] Mplayer exit code

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Sep 7 17:42:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

> How can i find out if an mplayer clip was played successfully, or if the
> file was not playable?

Define "playable". At least for my definition of playable this would be
more complicated than anything anyone would want to program.
But if a minimalistic approach is enough for you, try
mplayer file | grep -c "Starting playback"
If you get a 1 it worked, if you get a 0 it didn't (maybe you should
also add -frames 1, although I don't know what that does for audio-only
files...).
Maybe the -identify option will help you too.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger