[MPlayer-users] mplayering from digital input..?

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Sep 11 07:42:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:45:27 +0100 (BST)
"Darrell Berry" <darrell at ku24.com> wrote:

> can i specify a digital input as the source of my audio mplayering (so
> i can still use the mplayer audio processing)?

Well, I think you could hack it to make it work, but it's hard to
imagine why you'd want to go through the trouble.  mplayer doesn't have
many audio filters, and things like resample, volume and normalizing can
be done easily with other tools (sox, normalize, etc).

Plus, mplayer doesn't really support outputing to any audio formats,
other than pcm, and if that's what you want, the standard tools will
work great if you just record to wav and run them on it.

Now, if you still really want to try and do it with mplayer, experiment
with"tv://".  You'll just get blank video, and it will grab the audio
input from your sound card...