[MPlayer-users] Problem playing .nsv NullSoft video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 11 11:24:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

>>This would have been an good place to put a link for people like me
>>who can't remember it and maybe missed it.
>

> Ah, good idea.  Here's the link in case you've forgotten:
> http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/mplayer-users/2004-07/msg00506.html
>
> However, you obviously didn't miss it, since you did reply:
> http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/mplayer-users/2004-08/msg00022.html
>
> And my response:
> http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/mplayer-users/2004-08/msg00028.html

Thanks. I didn't miss it, but I missed that it still wasn't fixed.

>>Not to mention that there are two patches pending that _might_ fix the
>>problem, and no response on them
>
> Well, if I followed bugzilla, I would have been happy to test them out.
> I don't, and I never saw mention of them on any of the mailing lists
> (I'm on -users -advusers and -dev).  I'll try them soon, and report my
> experience.

Just to clarify: that was a complaint towards the reporter of the bug,
not you - without a bugzilla mailinglist following it is a bit difficult...
Btw., one of the patches is in CVS, so just try if current CVS works.
Otherwise send a gdb report of the crash with the vp6vfw dll (I know
that one best, as the loader patch for it is from me).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger