[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VP6 / NSV

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Sep 12 23:54:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

>>I'd like you to do "gdb mplayer" and on the gdb commandline
>>disassemble extend_stack_for_dll_alloca and post the output here.
>
> I assume you mean on the version compiled with "-O4 -g".

Yes, that's best.

> (gdb) disassemble extend_stack_for_dll_alloca
> No symbol "extend_stack_for_dll_alloca" in current context.
>
> Obviously not what you wanted :-)

Try the attached patch, it should stop the compiler from optimizing it
away, although according to
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.1/gcc/Inline.html#Inline, the fact
that it doesn't exist should mean that the compiler optimized it away
completely... don't know if that can be considered a compiler bug or not...
Please do also a disassemble PE_InitDLL.

>>Please try the attached patch, in case the compiler optimizes a bit
>>too good, declaring volatile should avoid it.
>
> I wish I could report success, but the patch hasn't worked-around the
> crash (when compiled with -04 -g).  The gdb bt/disass output is
> attached, just in case it's of use.

No need to do bt/disass at the moment.